I am mistaken for a celebrity; or, rather, the celebrity is mistaken for me

What with this pandemic, I haven’t seen a barber since June or July, and my hair has gotten bushy. Today our family went to a bookstore so I could use up some gift cards. While I was finding my books, Karin perused the greeting cards with Samuel, and he came upon a photo of Bob Ross.

“It’s Daddy!” Samuel said.

I wasn’t expecting to hear that anytime soon.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I don’t subscribe to The Atlantic, but after I clicked on all my free articles this month I wanted to read the rest of the current issue so I could keep learning how U.S. democracy is on its last legs. Happily I was able to order a hard copy through my library branch. It was the first Atlantic hard copy I’d seen in years. The magazine is now typeset in teeny, tiny Adobe Garamond, which, like the text in The Complete Pelican Shakespeare, is elegant enough to admire and puny enough to bemoan.

Very interesting to you, I’m sure.