More medals for Ecuador

Suddenly, after many fruitless decades, we have our first two woman medalists – both of them weightlifters:
  • Neisi Dajomes of Pastaza Province – gold medalist in the 76 kg class
  • Tamara Salazar of Carchi Province – silver medalist in the 87 kg class
Like Richard Carapaz, these medalists didn’t appear out of nowhere. Dajomes twice was junior world champion and holds several junior world records. Salazar has won continental and hemispheric contests.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

These are Samuel’s new favorite things to do outside: draw with chalk on everything, including the porch, the porch door, the porch furniture, himself, and his father; and run to the corner of the yard where the pebbles are, and put as many as possible into his mouth.

It used to be much easier to take him outside.

Yesterday I hurt my back lifting a series of objects (including Samuel). The debilitating twinge came when I bent over to pour cat litter from its container.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Some books I am reading (I may discuss them later):
Soon I’ll have to pack up my books to move them into the new house (assuming the purchase goes as planned).