Submission

I turned in the dissertation. The last days of writing it were just awful. I felt like Daffy Duck trying to write the end of The Scarlet Pumpernickel.

The dissertation is about as looney as The Scarlet Pumpernickel, too.

No, really, it’s pretty bad.

Karin & I will begin our journey to Ithaca tomorrow (Friday). We’ll spend the night at an Airbnb near Cleveland and arrive in the Finger Lakes region on Saturday.

I’ll defend the dissertation on Thursday at 3:30.

An announcement has gone out around the philosophy department so that faculty can decide whether to attend the defense. I hope no one does, except my committee members. Then I hope they give me the chance to revise a lot of Chapter IV, and maybe the other chapters, too, and to take a bunch of things out. Really, the dissertation is pretty bad. I shudder to think of its being uploaded to ProQuest in its current state.