Towards elevator

Agatha Christie has a novel, Towards Zero, in which a murder is committed in a hotel by putting an “Out of Order” sign next to the lift (“lift” is British for “elevator”). The murder victim reads the sign, climbs the stairs, and dies of a heart attack.

I’ve recalled this novel often during the last few days. “Out of Order” signs have been posted onto the elevators in my building at IUSB, though at least one of the elevators seems to function well enough. The effect is that the students wheeze when they arrive to be tutored. (The tutors also wheeze.)

This tutor also snores when no students are with him (though he does so only for a few seconds at a time).

Indeed, in the last couple of days, it’s taken all my effort not to snore during the late afternoon. It isn’t even that I’m fully asleep; I’m quite aware of what’s happening, and I’m doing all I can to resist it. Still, the snores come out.

Karin thinks it’s because I’m a little sick.