A visit from Mother

After my grandpa’s funeral, my mother stayed in Kansas City with her mother and siblings, but now she’s in South Bend visiting her children. I, Stephen, and Mary all will take turns hosting her (my turn is first). All’s not well, however. When Mother got off her train last night, she forgot the knapsack in which she’d been carrying (1) her laptop, (2) both of her passports (Ecuadorian and estadounidense), and (3) other valuable documents. She called Amtrak, but its officials didn’t find the knapsack. So our family’s mood today has been rather glum. We aren’t even glad that Mother will be forced to remain in the U.S. with us until a new passport is issued to her.

Meanwhile, I’ve been making Mother watch episodes of Toast of London.

A snowstorm is predicted to slam us tonight and tomorrow. I plan to stay at home and to watch more TV with Mother.