Beethoven is so sleepy

Sweltering heat this week. So, no mowing.

And then, much rain – especially, these last three days. So, again, no mowing; but the grass certainly has kept on growing.

Our neighbors mowed when the weather permitted. Alas, during those all-too-brief interludes, I was indisposed to mow. Everyone else’s lawns were made much tidier than our lawn. Today, one of our neighbors took it upon himself to mow our lawn – the front, but not the back.

I am actively reading at least seventeen books. How did I get into this mess.

As I type this, on my bed, Daniel performs his night-time ritual, which is to lie next to me, shrieking, until I am able to bring up Spotify and put on some nice Vangelis or Beethoven or Brian Eno. Then he rolls onto his side and brings his hand forward to touch my shirt. He sucks his pacifier and quickly goes to sleep.

In his crib, in the dark, Samuel comments: Beethoven is so tired. Beethoven is so sleepy.

Yes, he is.