Quarantining, 2021 edition

We have cold symptoms, but do we have COVID?

Karin took a home test and got a “yes” result. So, we both took drive-thru tests. Now we await the verdict of the lab.

Meanwhile, Karin stays home from her job.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Tonight we measured our oxygen levels. They’re normal.

Samuel has no symptoms, I’m glad to report. Or, if he does have any, he isn’t telling us.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

The results are available:

Karin, too.

So, first of all, we’re very grateful to have been vaccinated: our symptoms have been mild. And yet they’ve been noticeable enough to warn us not to spend time with other people.

And second, I worry for Samuel, who almost certainly has been infected (though, so far, he doesn’t seem to have suffered).

And I worry for the other people who’ve been around us.

I’m glad that on Sunday we didn’t go to church; but I regret that when I thought I just had a cold, I went to the store to buy medicine.