I practice archaeology

I’ve been sorting through books that until recently had lain in my grandparents’ shed. Ah, yes. Here is this textbook that I had been missing. And this textbook – psychology, Wadsworth/Thomson Learning – much easier to read than I remember (and even less interesting). Here’s an anthology with some good chapters. Better keep it. And here is a Daniel Clowes comic I’d been thinking of just last week. (Is it my copy or David’s? Both of our names are on the box.) What on earth is this. It’s in German. And this is in Hebrew. I’m middle-aged now. I don’t have time to learn languages.

The finding that most excites me is a short book about the Cane Ridge revival that a Bethel teacher ordered but, ultimately, didn’t assign. I’ll probably read it. Hardly my area, but that’s OK.

Why read history? Dunno, but I continue to do it. If only my approach were more systematic than, how shall I put it, channel surfing.

Samuel is delighted with the really huge, really glossy textbooks. He especially likes the psychology textbook.