The Faroe Islands; anxiety; advice

I’ve mentioned that Un mundo inmenso is my favorite YouTube channel with videos about geography. Check out this lovely new video about the Faroe Islands:


These topics are discussed:
  • the underwater roundabout
  • Google “sheep” view
  • mail-order brides
I’d move my family to the Faroes tomorrow, if I could.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I spoke to my doctor about the anxiety I’ve been feeling, and we agreed that prolonged isolation is taking its toll.

Get a part-time job, she said. When your wife returns from her job, go to a grocery store and stock the shelves.

Somehow, it didn’t occur to her that such an, ahem, solitary job would deprive me of what little contact I have with my wife.

I am reminded of how obtuse my well-wishers’ advice often seemed when I last felt such distress.

This time, the distress is not as bad; but it is bad enough. But here is one saving grace. Most every night, after I’ve talked with Karin and eaten supper and watched a little TV, I feel much, much better.