Father’s Day

Here is my little boy in one of his most affecting poses, slumped over with sleep.


On this, my first Father’s Day, I played the role of third-tier father. We took Samuel to Goshen, in Elkhart County, to pay tribute to his grandpa and great-grandpa (on his mother’s side).

That county has suffered a recent spate of COVID. We tried to stay out of doors, but when a rainstorm broke out, ten or fifteen people huddled together in the kitchen. Samuel was passed from relation to relation.

I hope we haven’t caught the virus.

Samuel with his great-grandpa:


And with his grandpa:


A few of the relations, before the rainstorm:


In two days, Samuel will be eight months old. Here we are on the back porch where we live.


(This picture flatters me. I’m not usually so handsome. Samuel is smoothing out my belly.)

I also have enjoyed feline affection today. Happy Father’s Day to me.