Domestic matters of the Americans

Karin is ill. She keeps on going to work.

Samuel has been fussy the last few days. I don’t think he’s ill, but he makes snorty noises in the mornings.

Even though it’s blurry, this is my favorite picture of Samuel so far. Karin took it yesterday.


He got a good look at Ziva this afternoon when she sat near him on the bed. He was very interested. I don’t think he’d noticed her before.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I continue to sort my books. I’m not sure what happened to my copy of Fanny Trollope’s Domestic Manners of the Americans (which I’ve actually read).

Last night, Karin & I watched the Nic Cage tour de force, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call, New Orleans – one of those blessed movies every scene of which is entertaining. When it was released a decade ago, Werner Herzog, the director, denied having seen the earlier Bad Lieutenant (dir. Abel Ferrara; star. Harvey Keitel). I wonder if, instead, Herzog had been binge-watching House, M.D.