A cancelation

I was supposed to have seen a doctor yesterday about what kind of CPAP machine to use. But a clerk decided I wasn’t properly insured.

I was, though.

He canceled my appointment without asking me first. Then he called: he had to, to tell me he’d canceled my appointment.

Had he called first, I’d’ve set him straight about my insured status, and he would’ve known not to cancel the appointment.

Now the consultation is slated for late March. I’ll sleep poorly for at least two more months. When I see a doctor again, it will have been five months since I first consulted my primary care provider about sleep apnea.

They say treatment in Canada is slow. I wonder if it’s slower than this. (Canadian readers: how does your experience compare?)

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Samuel smiles constantly now, and he laughs by doing one giant wheeze at a time.