Waiting out the polar vortex

Today is the midpoint of a three-day weather holiday for me. Karin had to go in to work (alas). Precious few clients have been passing through her credit union.

As I type this, the temperature is −18°F in my Zip Code area, with a windchill of −41°F. Or so it says on the Internet. It doesn’t look especially windy outside, but what do I know.

My plan for today is to post this blog entry, to dissertate, to read, and to watch one or two movies.

Others in my predicament might be interested in these classic movies that are due to expire from Netflix on February 1:

Children of Men (also expiring from Amazon Prime);

Close Encounters of the Third Kind; and

Touch of Evil.

Karin & I have begun watching Agatha Christie’s Ordeal by Innocence, a series in three parts, through Amazon Prime.

Karin has just sent a message that her office will close at 3:00 this afternoon and open at noon tomorrow.

I continue to rest my ankle. I can now limp without crutches around my apartment. I’d not previously detected any bruising on my ankle, but now there is a considerable amount.