Progress

I sent my advisor some of my dissertation, and we agreed to put back into motion the degree-granting machinery. This will require filing this or that petition and “bringing on board” this or that new committee member.

During the last week, my advisor and the departmental secretary did some of this “legwork” for me at Cornell. So far, everything has gone straightforwardly (they report).

“When would you like to defend?” my advisor asked me.

“In December or January,” I said, playing it safe. (Some of the dissertation’s chapters need quite a bit of work.)

From Karin, I secured permission not to attend our church camp in Michigan this year. So: no major distractions outside of work (except for the World Cup). Also, Jasper and Ziva should be happy not to be left on their own this summer.

Instead, it looks as if Karin & I will postpone our next big trip; and, when we do take it, we’ll go to Ithaca.