Before the spring break

I’m now in that limbo prior to a journey when I don’t dare to order any new books, lest they pile up outside the apartment while I’m away. Such is the cost of seeing the world.

Karin’s routine also has been disrupted. She’d made an appointment for a mechanic to look at her car during our absence. But then the car began doing a grinding noise, and we figured it shouldn’t be driven before the appointment, either.

(The solution has been for Karin to use a car that belongs to my parents.)

At IUSB, the Spanish students have attempted their midterm exams. Those who’ve scored poorly enough have been told to make corrections, which are to be reviewed by the tutors before the holiday. The students were alerted to this requirement some time ago; so far, none of them has come to see me. I’ll probably have to deal with a dozen of them all at once on the day before the vacation.

At least it’s springtime. How to tell? Nelson’s port-a-pit chicken has sprung up outside the gas stations. Karin brought me some this afternoon, much to my delight. I would’ve enjoyed it better had the kitties not relentlessly begged to share it, gone digging in the trash after the bones, or knocked my glass of water over my books.