A strange syllabus

One of my IU tutees brought in this syllabus.
Course title:  
  • Typography I.
Objectives: 
  • To develop an understanding of color theory, color relationships, and color terminology. [Uh, what.]
  • To develop hand and eye skills and technique for mixing and applying paint.
Texts and Materials: 
  • Color: A Workshop Approach by David Hornung.
Assignments: 
  • Various exercises on color theory and relationships.
  • Interpret an image using different color harmony schemes. [WTF.] 
Term Paper: 
  • Write a 10 page paper on a graphic designer/type designer of your choice. [Finally. No more of this color nonsense.]
[Etc., etc.]
I looked up “typography” in the dictionary and on Wikipedia to make sure I wasn’t going insane.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Last week I was able to stay home in the mornings and work on my epistle, “Toleration at Bethel College.” About 50% of it is written. It’s time to crank up the speed. The trustees will vote on April 23.