Happy birthday, Sweetie

Abel, Daniel, and Samuel are thrilled with Karin’s gifts:


See Daniel peering over the boxes. He climbed to the top. “I love heights!”

It’s just car parts. Karin’s bumper got smashed up some months ago.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

In the news:

(1) “Manchester City F.C. Financial Breaches Scandal” (see Wikipedia’s links to reports in the Guardian, the NYT, etc.).

Briefly: the English Premier League’s results since 2009 appear to have been massively distorted by one club’s cheating.

Some say it’s shaping up to be the all-time worst sports scandal. I don’t even think it’s the worst soccer scandal of 2026.

(2) The botched execution of Christa Pike.

“How does that happen?” Trump asks. “Should be easy to do. It shouldn’t be very difficult.”

For once, I agree with the POTUS.

To paraphrase Simon & Garfunkel, there must be fifty better ways to do it. People have been executing each other for thousands of years.

(3) Alleged gang-rape at Cornell’s Chi Phi fraternity.