R.I.P. Dolly Parton
… whose music I don’t know well – only “Jolene,” “9 to 5,” and “Islands in the Stream” easily come to mind – but whose generosity I appreciate. My children have received dozens of free books from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
Speaking of libraries: Abel has become almost impossible to supervise in actual ones. He climbs on tables, ravages displays, chews the tips off markers, and dumps toy bins upside-down. I follow in his wake, cleaning his messes. Today, while I was picking up the toys, he moved through the Spanish-language book section like a tornado, pulling several shelves’ worth of volumes onto the floor. The library’s rules, unfortunately (or fortunately), did not permit me to reshelve those books.
My two least favorite librarians were on duty – the ones who always call me “Sir.” They were nice enough this time.
Yes, it’s good that we receive plenty of books at home, thanks to Dolly Parton.
Speaking of libraries: Abel has become almost impossible to supervise in actual ones. He climbs on tables, ravages displays, chews the tips off markers, and dumps toy bins upside-down. I follow in his wake, cleaning his messes. Today, while I was picking up the toys, he moved through the Spanish-language book section like a tornado, pulling several shelves’ worth of volumes onto the floor. The library’s rules, unfortunately (or fortunately), did not permit me to reshelve those books.
My two least favorite librarians were on duty – the ones who always call me “Sir.” They were nice enough this time.
Yes, it’s good that we receive plenty of books at home, thanks to Dolly Parton.