A tragedy

This is an update about the hospitalization that I mentioned a few days ago.

Most readers already know what has happened; in any case, it isn’t my story to tell.

For now, I’ll only say that my family is anguished. I am anguished. Karin is anguished. Samuel doesn’t understand, but I think he knows that we’re sad.

In our family, though, we really do love each other. And many other people love us too. These things have become crystal-clear.

(I know this will sound terribly cryptic if you don’t know the sad news. If that’s the case, feel free to get in touch and I’ll relay what has been announced by those most affected. This isn’t a wholly private matter; it’s just that, as I said, it isn’t my story to tell.)

A song I’ve listened to when I’ve run out of prayer:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end
They are new every morning
New every morning
Great is thy faithfulness, oh Lord
Great is thy faithfulness
🙠 🙢