Foxes

Commenting is re-enabled for this blog. Go to the sidebar; scroll down; click the link to enter the guestbook; there, specify the blog entry you wish to comment upon – or else leave a nice, generic greeting (or two, or three, or four). Or simply read what other people have to say.

I am allotted just five hundred free comments. Eventually, to make room, I may have to delete some of the lousier ones.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

A fox has been slinking around in our neighborhood. I saw it last night, and Karin has seen it a few times. Foxes are among her favorite animals.

Samuel owns many toy foxes:
  • Edward Fox
  • Emilia Fox
  • Frankie Fox
  • James Fox
  • Megan Fox
They’re all named for actors (except Frankie Fox, who already had that name when he came out of his package). I suspect that the next fox I pull out of a drawer or closet will receive the name Michael J. Fox – or Kerry Fox, if she’s a vixen. And after we have used all the Fox names, we’ll help ourselves to the names of various Foxxes.

Samuel just loves all his little animals. He loves the kitties, too, though they don’t often let him get near to them.

He screeched delightedly a couple of nights ago when we watched My Neighbor Totoro. Since then, I’ve been carrying him around the house and dancing to the soundtrack: