De-fleaing; voting; reuniting

A few updates:

(1) The fleas

None in sight for a couple of days.

We’ve been laundering our clothes and trying to store them away from the fleas. Both Jasper and Ziva have been bathed. We’ve tried to make it up to them by giving them extra, extra love.

Right now, they seem flea-free.

(2) The vote

Today, we drove around before sunrise, looked at four different polling places, and decided to vote at John Young Middle School in Mishawaka – the only place where I’ve ever voted, as it happens. We queued for eighty or ninety minutes before it was our turn. We finished voting well before Karin had to go to work.

The cold was bearable (today’s temperature is supposed to reach the sixties). Samuel lay bundled up in his stroller. His mood was good.

We talked to several people we knew. One poor man (not one we knew) appeared to reach the front of the queue only to realize that he didn’t have his I.D.

My own mistake was to wear glasses instead of contacts: my mask guided my breath upward, fogging the lenses and effectively blinding me for an hour and a half.

(3) A different vote

2020 was to have been the occasion of my twenty-year high school reunion. Well, my classmates and I can’t reunite in person, but some of the go-getters among us have been organizing a video conference which is to include as many of us as possible. The date is TBD; votes are still being cast.

Meanwhile, my classmates and I have been sharing photos with one another.

Karin & I don’t have a recent family photo. We took these photos on Saturday.


In the second one, Samuel is dressed as Stitch, for Halloween.