At home with Samuel and the kitties

Karin returned to her job today, and I completed my first shift as a full-time stay-at-home father (of a human being). After 11 a.m. or so, Samuel never slept longer than 20 minutes. He kept me on task cleaning, holding, feeding, and burping him. Now his odor is seared into my nostrils.

I don’t know if I’ve ever felt so tired without being able to sleep. My Excessive Daytime Sleepiness, which usually makes me doze off, has been put on hold so I can wait on the Young Prince.

The kitties brush themselves against me, but I have only so many hands.

I’ve lost my copy of The Good Soldier Švejk just when I fancy reading it (not that Samuel would permit me to do so).

Karin keeps Samuel supplied with milk. Unfortunately, when she expresses at work, she has to go off the clock. This will significantly reduce our income.