Out of work

I’ve ceased tutoring for the summer. Now that I’ve defended my dissertation, I’m doing a month or so of job hunting before the door slams shut for getting a full-time academic job in 2019–2020.

If I don’t get a full-time academic job this month, I’ll take whatever job I can get. I need to provide for Karin and the baby.

Karin continues to go to her job. It’s a little more grueling for her each day. She’s just beginning the third trimester of the pregnancy.

Our son is about the size of a prairie dog or a Napa cabbage.

Jasper and Ziva are glad to have us back in South Bend. They were reluctant to accept us at first, but after we spent a full night at home they were very affectionate. As much as Karin & I enjoyed touring the east, we missed our kitties terribly. I hope we never stay apart from Jasper and Ziva this long again.