Some remarks upon the recent occasion of my birthday

I thank those who, via Facebook, wished me well upon my birthday, which also is Guy Fawkes Day (or Bonfire Night) and therefore easy to remember.

I especially thank my cousin Andrew for posting a video of our childhood. It received many “likes” and comments. It shows the now-demolished house in Esmeraldas where my family used to live.

I rebuke the as-yet unidentified person who noticed Facebook’s announcement of my birthday and decided to “unfriend” me.

However, I thank those who sent cards and money. I used the money to buy a book about modern art, which was on sale at Barnes & Noble. It appears to be the sort of book that presents each artist and movement in its best light.

I hope to also buy this new book about C.S. Lewis’s philosophy.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I haven’t yet checked today’s electoral results. I might comment on them in the future.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

It occurs to me that From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, published in 1967, is an urbanized retelling of Walkabout (1959): hence, its fountain-bath episode.