The disaster artist

A rainstorm lashed South Bend yesterday afternoon. Karin filmed it:


Brianna walked away from school in it. She was like a drowned rat when she reached our dwelling (she’s staying with Karin & me while her mother is abroad). She took off her wet clothes, got into the bath, and pulled the curtain rod down upon herself. She lay under the curtain in the bath.

(I know all these details because she “texted” them to Karin while she was in the bath.)

She already had a cold before the rainstorm caught her. I’d been wary of contracting it (we make our lunches with the same processed chicken slices). Now, Brianna’s cold is worse, and it’s Karin who’s got the sniffles.

Update: Saturday, September 22

Tonight, Karin is flat-out sick. Certain congestive sensations in my chest do not bode well for me, either. We’ve decided to stay home from church tomorrow.

Brianna put twice the requisite amount of soap inside a washing machine. This prolonged the wash cycle’s “rinse” phase, which generated extra water and flooded our building’s laundry room.

I’ve decided to call her memoir – should I ever write it – No Thanks to Herp Derp.