I am gotten the better of by the Swedes

Last night, we had quite a nice storm, with bright lightning flashes and sheets of rain. Ziva ran to the bedroom, to hide. Later, she poked her little face around the blinds and peered out at the rain. In our neighborhood, there was just a little flooding, and a small section of our street was blocked off.

Today was my last workday of the semester. I’ll be at home for one week, and then Summer Session I will commence.

Today, also, I finished reading Roseanna, the first mystery in the famous series by Maj Sjöwall & Per Wahlöö – perhaps the most “procedural” crime novel I’ve ever read. No quirky investigators here. Just meticulous ones. I found it quite gripping.

Reputedly, the book also is humorous, although, to me, that aspect was rather faint. I think I knew which parts were the funny ones. Oh, well: Swedes 1, John-Paul 0.

I’ve owned the first four of Sjöwall’s & Wahlöö’s books for many years, and now it looks as if I’ll be acquiring the other half-dozen.