The kitties

Not only has Ziva been climbing out over the barricade; yesterday, Jasper knocked the whole thing down. So, again, we’re confining them – one at a time, and mostly Ziva – to the bathroom. They’re behaving better. Now, when they’re both out, they take as long as ten minutes to start fighting one another to the death.

This morning, Karin sprayed cheese on two crackers and put the crackers next to each other on the floor, and the kitties peacefully licked the cheese off of their respective crackers; only afterward did they fight.

Karin talks to a vet who says to give them more time to get used to one another. So we’ll see. Maybe we’ll end up keeping Ziva.

Yesterday I went to my high school job, and then I briskly walked for 40 minutes to Bethel and taught two consecutive classes of Spanish, and then I walked to my IUSB job. This will be my routine for much of the semester. It’s been three years since I last taught. I’d forgotten what it’s like to stand in front of a room and command attention from everyone. And I wasn’t even saying anything interesting: I was just going over the syllabus. It went to my head a little bit. I think I now project more authority than I used to, because I’m older and fatter and I have a professorial mustache. Also, I was very sweaty from the brisk walking, and I wore baggy, brown, corduroy pants and a tight, yellow, soccer shirt. I don’t think the students were bored.