Copa América Centenario

Yesterday Karin & I went to the south side of town, and then she dropped me off and I walked home by way of a detour into Southmore. I walked for approx. seven miles, my longest casual stroll in a few years.

Panera (Ireland Rd.) to Ireland/Fellows, 0.9 mi;
then to Fellows/Klinger, 1.1 mi;
then to Langley/Southmore, 0.4 mi;
then to Southmore/Montgolfier, 0.2 mi;
then to Southmore/Fellows, ? mi;
then to Fellows/Chippewa, 0.1 mi;
then to Chippewa/Addison, 0.2 mi;
then to Addison/Jennings, 0.3 mi;
then to Jennings/Michigan, ? mi;
then to Michigan/Sample, 1.7 mi;
then to the Farmer’s Market, 0.8 mi;
then to our home, 1.1 mi.

Total distance > 6.8 mi.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I’d drafted a long entry about why the Copa América Centenario shouldn’t be held and why I wasn’t going to pay it any mind. But then the U.S. got brushed aside by Colombia, 2–0, and I watched a bit of the ineptitude of Haiti and Peru; and so I got into the mood to watch Ecuador vs. Brazil.

The match ended 0 to 0. Miller Bolaños’s perfectly good goal was disallowed.