The remains of the May

A Texan whose birth was in Arlington
Read all about Stevens of Darlington.
The Remains of the Day
Was the name of the play
She perused on her Kindle, in Arlington.
I wrote this because I wished to test whether it would be easier to write a limerick or to write my dissertation. The limerick was much easier to write. One can put any nonsense into a limerick. (I am now testing whether it is easier to write a blog entry, or my dissertation.)

The Remains of the Day is my choice for Prof. Robby P.’s book club, which I’ve intermittently attended since 2004. Joel, my old schoolmate, has been going to the meetings, and so have Prof. Cristian (the Romaniac) and Prof. Uncle Tim. (Come to think of it, Joel may also be a “Prof.”; I’m not sure what his title is.) Morgan, Robby’s frisky black Lab, died some time ago, but he has been succeeded by two frisky, young, black Labs who jump all over everybody like Morgan used to. The other attendees are young women who recently studied at Bethel College.

This morning I read The Remains of the Day instead of going to church. Martin & Mary and I all took the day off from church. We have really been dragging our feet at the end of this school term.