Karin’s tender heart

I am James John
I have my helmet on


One more of Samuel’s imaginary people.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Happy birthday to my grandpa. He is ninety-six. We went to his house for cake and ice cream.

Upon our return, a friendly kitten greeted us on our lawn. Then, while Karin & I were moving the children from the car to the house, I realized that the kitten, too, had ventured indoors.

Kudos to Jasper & Ziva for not attacking it.

Karin picked up the kitten and cradled it for a bit. I made her put it back outside.

The beastie was very calm with us. I think it’s used to people; it probably belongs to some neighbor. I suspect we’ll see it again. Karin left it some food.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I may start keeping track of scholarly articles and monographs that acknowledge or are dedicated to me. The number is greater than you’d think. Quite a few mention audiences at Cornell University; I may not have said anything to the philosophers who gave those talks, but I was a member of those audiences.

Today I saw this especially pertinent dedication in Eric Olson’s book, The Human Animal: “To the unemployed philosophers.”