A day at the “farm”

Last night, Daniel outgrew his crib.


For several hours today we trudged through a corn maze. The boys walked most of the time (Daniel was attached to a leash). Advice: Don’t try to walk small children through a corn maze unless you know the way out.

After we found the exit, we encouraged the boys to bounce upon a large, inflated cushion. Then we encouraged them to roll around with other youngsters in a pit filled with uncooked kernels of corn.

We stood in a long line and eventually bought donuts. While Daniel was eating his, he plucked a wasp off the picnic table and tried to eat it; now, his lip is swollen.

I would be remiss not to mention my other precious child, Samuel, whose birthday is tomorrow. He’ll turn four. I remember my own fourth birthday. I suppose that for better or worse, a lot is now happening to Samuel that he’ll remember for the rest of his life.

Sammy, did you like the farm?

Oh, yes.

Would you like to go again next year?

No.