Peril on the basement stairs!

Daniel, when hungry, points at food jars and rubs his belly. Or else he brings magazines to Karin and shows her pictures of food.

Samuel still fears our living room. But not as much as he used to.

He prefers the basement, though.

We three males nearly died on the stairs today. Both boys have learned to climb up and down, but slowly and with frequent changes of direction. They get into traffic jams and fights. I worry, especially, that Daniel will crash down the stairs, so I pick him up and carry him. He resists. He squirms. It takes all of my effort to keep from dropping him. Today, when he was squirming, I stepped on Samuel; Samuel howled; I tripped; I dropped Daniel; he landed gently on the top stair; he howled. Neither child recovered emotionally for the next hour or so. Eventually, they both went to sleep.

It could have been a scene out of The Pink Panther Strikes Again or The Three Stooges.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I often sing them this: