A severance; a curiosity

On Tuesday night, we went to a gathering of local Alliance Academy alumni. Most who attended were related to me by blood or marriage. A few others were people I’ve known since childhood.

The school’s director also was there. He announced that the school must move: its land lease will not be renewed.

(The school will have been on that land for just about one hundred years.)

Thus, my last tie to any specific missionary property in Ecuador will have been severed. (I gather that it’s uncertain whether the school will even remain in Quito.)

Most of the Ecuadorian churches I frequented are still in the same locations, as are the Luz y Libertad school in Esmeraldas and the Seminario Bíblico Alianza in Guayaquil.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

You can preview a huge amount of the Amazon Kindle version of Lucy Ellmann’s 2019 Booker nominee, Ducks, Newburyport – probably because so much of that novel consists of one sentence, and Amazon displays a fixed number of sentences; or perhaps because the novel is long and Amazon displays a fixed percentage of the whole.

Is the book any good? Well, if you find out, let me know.