Pre-sleep

My wife keeps accusing me of going to sleep while I write this entry. I am not sleeping, I tell her. I am just resting my eyes while I think how to make this entry brief.

We did some Christmas shopping at the mall tonight. Not brilliant of us, I know. The place was crowded with mask disdainers.

What with our still-recent bouts of illness, we would have been immune to most everything but the Omicron variant. Here’s to hoping we didn’t catch that.

A bedtime biography that Samuel enjoys:

María Isabel Sánchez Vegara, Agatha Christie.


This is quite the series. It has books about everyone from Ernest Shackleton to Emmeline Pankhurst to Ayrton Senna. Want to make sure your child grows up loving the right pop figures? Gandhi, Prince, and Bob Dylan, for instance? Read him their biographies (and play him their records, if you dare).