A little sunlight

Lifting Samuel, I pulled a muscle in my back. It was painful … debilitating … and so, yesterday, rather than work her half-shift, Karin stayed home to care for us.

This made for a lovely weekend, especially after Karin introduced me to the miracle of IcyHot.

Today I am mostly recovered. Karin & I did a seventy-minute stroll along the river (Samuel rode in his chariot). I’d hardly been in sunlight this year; I expect my skin to turn a little pink.

Or even a little orange, what with the meals I’ve been inventing for the rice cooker. The latest one is made of bacon, butter, whole-grain mustard, onion, and a pound of carrots. Samuel begged to taste it. I was reticent – I’d also put in cayenne powder and jalapeños – but he insisted.

What can I say? The boy likes spicy food. He did a fair amount of panting, with a wry grin.