Quarantining, pt. 2

I keep on ordering vol. 1 of the Strangers and Brothers omnibus and receiving handsome copies of vol. 3. This happens even when I try ordering from different vendors. There must be some error on Amazon’s product page for vol. 1.

Thankfully, my money is being refunded.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Just a moment ago, as I was typing, I received this injurious text message:
Your Amazon package with Strangers and Brothers (Omnibus Edition; Vol. 1) was delivered.
Alas, the package contained vol. 3, not vol. 1.

Would anyone like the leftover volumes? Karin is anxious to be rid of them. I have an extra copy of vol. 2, two extra copies of vol. 3, and zero copies of vol. 1.

I may have to obtain vol. 1 from a distributor made of flesh and blood.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Little Samuel was slightly feverish yesterday: we think his first tooth is about to come out. Today he was happier and had a cooler temperature but remained uncharacteristically docile. He also slept more than usual. I think yesterday’s fever must have worn him out.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Like millions of others, we’ve been attending church services from our living room. No, not by watching televangelists; we’ve been watching video of our pastor and musicians in their respective basements.

Then, tonight, using an online video calling system, we held a “small group” meeting with 5–10 participants. (I give this range because some participants dropped in and out of the meeting.) The highlight, for me, was seeing the dog of one of my fellow churchgoers lazing behind him on the back of his couch.

This reminds me that one of our neighbors has a beautiful husky dog. I keep seeing its tail bob up and down above the top of the fence.