Samuel, cont.

Here I’ve posed Samuel next to a Penguin Classic to show his size. (See his arms flail.)


We brought him home on Friday. Since then, he’s been to church, where the congregants queued up to greet him; to Wendy’s, where he insisted on being fed in the parking lot; to a house that my parents are thinking of buying; and to my grandparents’ house.

There are many other photos I could show, but I’ll just offer two in which Samuel is acknowledged by the kitties, who seem enormous. Little Ziva looks like a horse.



This wasn’t their first encounter with Samuel. Upon first meeting him, Jasper sniffed once and then bolted under the bed. Ziva quickly followed.

Samuel operates on Tokyo time. He sleeps most of the day and wails most of the night. His wail isn’t WAAH, WAAH so much as uh-LAAH, uh-LAAH.