The second shower

On Sunday, our church held the second (and final) gift shower for our son. It was simpler than the first shower. Most donors gave money – not clothes, books, or contraptions.

We also were served so many tacos and cupcakes that I’ve been eating the leftovers ever since.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

The child is due to be born in mid-October, but, as far as I’m concerned, he’s ready to come out. (Ah, well, what do I know.)

Tomorrow, Karin & I will go to another appointment with a doctor from the rotation at the women’s health center. The last doctor we met called our son a “critter.”

Just think, says Karin, what if, on the day of birthing, it’s THAT doctor who happens to be on call. “Here’s your critter,” he’ll announce.

Two appointments ago, we met a fellow patient who’s married to one of my friends from Bethel. She was going on their third child – and, I believe, their eighteenth dachshund.