A new bedroom

Perhaps our greatest gain from Saturday’s shower, apart from the gift-haul for our son, was the huge plate of cheese that the guests hardly even nibbled at.

Since then, I’ve been snacking on delicious little leftover squares of cheese.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Mary came over tonight to help rearrange our apartment for the baby. I don’t wish to brag, but, during our entire tenure at this property, one of our bedrooms has gone unused – except as a receptacle for cat toilets, books, and various exotic items.

Well, Karin & I can no longer afford such extravagance. Every inch must be drafted into service or stripped of clutter.

(There is a Shinto teacher, I’ve heard, who tells us how to do this with joy.)

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

One thing I learned tonight: I need a bigger, better clothes dresser. The bottoms have fallen out of several of my drawers. The remaining drawers are bursting with clothes that survived this evening’s culling.

(NOTE: Some clothes were transported from another dresser that we emptied out to fill with the baby’s clothes.)

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Notoriously, many bloggers and social media users, upon achieving parenthood, become very tedious, unable to look up from the minutiae of daily living. I shall strive to avoid this fault.

Rest assured that I’ll continue to discuss the great subjects, such as morality and metaphysics.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

My favorite sentence in this entry:

“The bottoms have fallen out of several of my drawers.”

It can be interpreted in more than one way.