Ziva’s remarks (as told to Karin)

For the first time, Jasper and Ziva have acne on their chins – a common ailment for cats. We may have to buy expensive medicine for them. Jasper, especially, seems irritated. He’s been picking fights with Ziva.

In retaliation, Ziva sings “Old MacDonald” like this:
Old MacDonald had a farm;
E-I-E-I-O!
And on that farm, he had two cats;
E-I-E-I-O!
One was beautiful and nice
(E-I-E-I-O);
The other, mean and fat and rude!
E-I-E-I-O!
(As told to Karin.)

There is a great deal of this sort of lyricism in our household.

Sometimes, the ditty is sung “Old McTender,” not “Old MacDonald.” The motive for this is not altogether clear.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Again, Ziva speaks:

“Mares eat oats, and does eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy.”

Karin: “Oh, yes, Ziva?”

Ziva: “I learned these words from my good friend, Leland Palmer.”

(If Ziva actually were to say these things, I would worry that she was unhinged.)