A few woes

One kitty at a time, said the vet. And so Jasper stayed at home while Ziva was taken to get her bleeding paw examined. (Karin figured that since Jasper’s mouth sores are chronic, it’ll be OK to neglect them until the following Monday.)

The results of Ziva’s checkup weren’t nice. She’s suffering from quite an infection – due, as I understand it, to the kitty version of an ingrown toenail. Karin has been trying to soak Ziva’s paw in a special iodine, but Ziva is having none of it.

If the infection doesn’t clear up, something drastic, such as claw-removal surgery, may be required.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

My throat is sore, but not from any cold-like illness. Did I pull a muscle? I don’t think anyone tried to throttle me.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Ana’s & David’s foster baby has been moved to a different home. (I believe she’s been reunited with a sibling.) For a few days, she was our family’s darling. We’re dismayed, though not very surprised, that she’s been taken away so soon.