Some bedmates

Another visit to Jasper; this time, we shared potatoes & Salisbury steak. By “we shared” I mean I let Jasper have some of the dregs of the gravy. Then I napped in Karin’s bed. Jasper snuggled with me for a bit.

I read more of Moby-Dick. I’m on Chapter XIX, seven behind schedule. One hundred pages into the book, just now Ishmael and his savage bedmate, Queequeg, have signed up to go whaling with the Pequod; they still haven’t set out to sea. (I may have blogged about this when I last tried reading Moby-Dick.)

My boss in the high school English Dept is reading Moby-Dick with Martin and me. She told me that she intends, when she retires, to visit Nantucket and Walden Pond. This person taught Karin in high school (Karin was a little alarmed of her). “Karin …,” my boss recalled, “Karin! I loved her! She was so funny and smart, and she had such big, brown eyes!”

Later, she told my other boss, who runs the Social Studies Dept, that our match was made in heaven.