A cloudy autumn day

I’ve been doing research about Hawaii, in case I should ever find occasion to live there.


The Ecuadorians have been progressing through the sub-diecisiete World Cup. Our latest victims, in the round of 16: the Russians.

This morning, I went for job training at the downtown office of the school corporation. How sad, I thought, that I’d miss seeing the highschoolers dressed up for Halloween. … But the training ended early. I walked to the school to do a couple of hours’ work. It turned out, few of the kids were in costume; but one of the teachers did look like Bo Peep (correction: like Dorothy, from The Wizard of Oz). … After school, I visited Mary at her job, and then I went to Karin’s apartment and visited Jasper, and he and I snuggled for a long time, until he got bored. I had planned to spend most of the day downtown, buying books, but this was a good thing to do instead.