Some houseguests

Today, my dad will arrive for Edoarda’s & Stephen’s second, larger wedding (August 8).

Edoarda’s family has been trickling into the town. We’ve been finding hosts for them.

Also, my mom got here last weekend.

On Monday morning, after I got out of bed, I went to her room. (I knew she’d already be awake.)

“Good morning, Mother.”

She was thrashing around a bit, under the covers. “Oh, I had such an awful dream!”

“What was it, Mother?”

“I went into the dining room and saw the dinosaur-rat. It was on the table. It was eating the food from people’s plates. It was drinking the baby’s milk.”

She was distressed. I was intrigued: the dinosaur-rat.

(Right now, there’s a frightened, young raccoon out in our yard. My mom and M&M are trying to shoo it away. We all feel badly, though; it’s very cute.)