Myers-Briggs

Not that I have much confidence in Myers-Briggs, but it’s interesting how my (unofficial) test results have changed. Before I went to graduate school, I consistently and unambiguously was categorized as an INTP. (Surely most philosophers would be so categorized.) Nowadays the I and the N still clearly win out, but the tests tell me I’m an INFJ.

Of course, for all I know, my personality hasn’t really changed. Maybe I’m just getting different results because I’m trying to conform to a different ambition. I used to want to be a philosopher’s philosopher; now I want to outdo my colleagues by becoming a (super-complicated, inscrutable) saint.

People who can know themselves are so BC.

My brother David has a new gf.

I think I need more oxytocin (you know, the cuddle chemical). One good thing: on Saturday, for two hours, I got to hold my friends’ new baby. :)